Friday 17 February 2012

Waiting

These songs have really been ministering to me lately. I've been feeling far from God lately, and I hate it. I miss the closeness I had before. But I know this is not the end . . .
Countless times in Scripture God says He will never leave or forsake us! (Deut 31:6, Deut 31:8, Joshua 1:5) So just because I can't feel Him doesn't mean He's deserted me. For God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good? (Num 23:19)
Though sorrow may last for the night (and loneliness, and anxiety), joy comes in the morning! (Psalm 30:5b)
Then my Beloved will come, leaping across the mountains, bounding over the hills! (Song of Solomon 2:8)
I may be in a season of waiting, but He will come, for He is my Beloved and I am His.


 

Psalm 27:14
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.


Song of Songs 2:8
Listen! My beloved! Look! Here he comes, leaping across the mountains, bounding over the hills.


Song of Songs 2:11-12a
See! The winter is past; the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth; the season of singing has come . . .

Waiting in Him!


1 comment:

  1. Both of these songs have meant a lot to me, especially while i'm waiting!

    ReplyDelete